Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Review: Pigeon: Rapid Steam Sterilizer

Another product worth mentioning is the Pigeon's Rapid Steam Sterilizer.

I was doing some survey on which sterilizer should I purchase. Or maybe should I or should I not purchase a sterilizer. I mean, during my days, my mum says she just use boiling water to sterilize my bottles.

Then I read some forum and blog reviews about the advantages of this product.


More advantages of the sterilizer:
- Rapid six-minute steam sterilisation cycle effectively destroys bacteria, without the use of chemicals.
- Automatically switches off when the sterilisation cycle is complete - the power-on indicator shows that the unit is switched on.
- A large accessory tray holds all bottle accessories for the convenience of sterilisation.
- When not opened, the steam sterilizer keeps contents sterile for up to six hours.


Review:
Pros
- Six-minute steam sterilization which is quick
- Really big enough to cater for many bottles and accessories
- Adjustable tray height which I like (as I have mixture of bottle sizes)
- Easy maintenance - just need to squeeze half a lemon into the sterilizer once a week and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off

Cons
- Bulky - takes up much of my countertop space
- Need to remove the water inside everytime after use - if leave inside for too long, it will leave a smell.
- Expensive (Penang major supermarkets selling for RM433. I bought it in Singapore for S$100 - what a steal!)

Rating: 9/10

5 comments:

Careema said...

does it make rust for the heating plate

tanshuyin said...

nope. no rust. ive been using it for more than 7 mths already and the heating plate is still metal-sleek clean looking.

icybergs said...

Hi,

Just want to find out whether you are still using it and so far any problems? Coz i'm doing research on sterilizer.

Tx,

Rgds,
Ooiling

tanshuyin said...

Hie Ooiling,

Im not using it anymore as my son is now 2+yo and i no more sterilize his things daily. But for the 1 yr that ive been
using it, so far no problem. Like i mentioned, the only cons are bulky n expensive(in Msia). So buy it if u have the money ( i bought it fr Spore so cheaper) n if u have the countertop space.

Rehinna said...

nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.... water damage repair

LinkWithin