Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Of My Favourite Places - Leo Bookstore

I've stumbled upon this litte bookstore haven about a month or so when I went to Island Plaza. I saw a banner just near the escalator that reads 'LeoBooks - making reading affordable'!

Leo Bookstore is located on the first floor in Island Plaza, tucked away at a corner which is not so visible if you are not really searching for the place. I am so glad when I saw that they sell English books, used and new.

The moment I stepped into that place, I was amazed. Although the place is small, the books are categorized and are being arranged in a neat manner. I don't have the headache I always get when I go to the Chowrasta Market second-hand bookstore, sweating like a pig and seeing the books not being arranged in order, making it difficult to search for titles.

In Leo Bookstore, I can browse to my heart's content, enjoying the aircond and the feel and smell of the books! :P
But the rows and rows of bookshelves make the place a little dim, thus making it a 'lil difficult to see the titles of the books if you go in the evening.

Let me tell you this: The used books in Leo Bookstore's price can match those in Chowrasta Market. Some are even cheaper.
Used books from famous authors such as Jeffrey Archer, John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon, Cecelia Ahern, just to name a few are going at RM3, RM5, RM8, RM12 and hard covers are about rm18.

I also bought many imported children's books, all hard covers at only RM5 - RM18.

So far, I have not bought any of their new bargain books. I'm more interested in the used books section! Hubby bought their new bargain books at about 30-40% cheaper than retail prices.

I know they are not as cheap as BookXcess in KL, nor they have their varieties, but this is the best Penang has got for now!

Oh ya, they have a website too which you can actually have the books delivered to you at a minimal delivery charge. But for now, only bargain new books avail I think. Used books are not listed at their website yet. Maybe soon.
So if you are interested in the used books (just like me!), then you need t drag your feet to their store to grab them.

Go check it out yourself!

Address :
Lot 1-25, First Floor, Island Plaza,
118 Jalan Tanjong Tokong, 10470 Penang.

Tel : 04-899 8911
Fax : 04-890 8912
Email : leobookstore@gmail.com
Website: http://leobookstore.com/

Operation hours:
Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Saturday : 11.00am - 9.00pm
Sunday : 12.00pm - 7.00pm

3 comments:

Catherine said...

yeah saw this on the newspaper before but din manage to check it out yet..will try soon :D

Mindy said...

Oooo... i'll definitely check this place out one day.

tanshuyin said...

MY/Mindy...they have a website too. Just updated it in my blog entry. But only new bargain books i think. No used books yet.

So for used books, need to go to their store physically. :)

LinkWithin