Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smoothies: Classic Banana

Finally, I decided to buy the Lebensstil Blender, which has a jug made of glass and a motor strong enough to crush ice.
I wanted to make smoothies and milkshakes and ice-blended.


My first smoothie - Classic Banana.
I have a bunch of bananas hanging in the kitchen, so this is the first smoothie recipe I tried out.
This recipe is probably the oldest shake of all. This recipe yields out a thick and creamy banana smoothie, just what I expected.

It was an instant hit with my hubby. Great quick breakfast!




Recipe: Classic Banana (from Smoothie Heaven)

1/2 ripe banana, peeled and chopped (I used 1 ripe banana)
250 ml (8 oz) full cream milk
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
grated nutmeg to decorate

Place the banana, milk, ice cream, sugar and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glass and decorate with grated nutmeg and banana slices.

Serves: 2

No comments:

LinkWithin