Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler Again!



28 May 2011 - Blueberry Cobbler

Oh my gosh, I am so behind in my baking posts. So for the next three posts, it will be on my bakes, so please bear with me. :)

Last month (ahem!), I baked Blueberry Cobbler again. Yes, I've baked this before
half a year ago. But this time, I did not half the recipe. I have enough blueberries so I tried making the whole recipe size, but using the same baking dish.

When I poured the batter into the my baking dish, it was almost full. I was contemplating at that time whether should I pour all the batter into one dish. Will it overflow?


So what is the results? The batter rose to the brim of the baking dish and luckily it did not overflow. Phew....
The blueberries burst and spread juicily while the crust remains crispy! Really yummy!






Oh btw, I did reduce the sugar compared to the original recipe. But if you do not have a sweet tooth, please further reduce the sugar!




It was really, really delicious when served warm and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Trust me!
I seldom use the same recipe twice unless it is very good.

Recipe: Blueberry Cobbler (largely adapted from the The Pioneer Woman Cooks book)
Serves 8

Ingredients
1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
1 cup sugar, plus 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk

2 cups of blueberries (frozen or fresh) - I used fresh


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180 d celcius. Grease a 3 quart baking dish.
(I used a 2 quart)
2. Place the butter in a microwave-safe dish. Heat in a microwave for 30-45 seconds, until melted.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour and milk.
4. Whisk in the melted butter.

5. Rinse the blueberries and pat them dry.
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the top of the batter.

7. Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar over the blueberries. (optional)
8. Bake for 30 mins, or until golden brown and bubbly. When 5 mins of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup tbsp sugar over the top. (optional) (I omitted this)

9. Serve the golden, crispy cobbler by the spoonful. Top with whipped cream or ice-cream.



No comments:

LinkWithin