Wednesday, August 29, 2012

OMG...It Should Be This Week!

28 August 2012 - 37 weeks preggy and Popping this week

I juz came back from gynae checkup on Monday, and guess what?
Dr. Eric said I'm already 2.5cm dilated!
Gosh...and to think that I'm only 37 weeks - juz right and ripe for a full term labour.

Anyway, Lil Bub is still doing well inside my tummy.
As of today he weighs 3.6kg already. Water level is still good and enough. But baby is not yet facing down.
However, his head is now very low, 30%+ down, which is why I had some pains down there when walking up the stairs or getting up from bed.

So now I'm just waiting for the labour signs - spotting, water bag burst, contractions, etc.
Now that the time is really near and here soon, I'm getting a little nervous. Actually very nervous.

Now my head is doing a checklist:
Hospital bag. Check. Instal Baby cot. Check. Baby Car Seat, Check. Prefolded napkins. Check.

This time around, I'm thinking of getting the Single Room. Compared to 3 years ago during Shern's time, the rates has gone up. This is the Maternity Package rate now at Island Hospital.

Normal Delivery (3 days 2 nights)
  • Single Room - RM 3,900.00
  • 2 Bedded Standard - RM 2,600.00

Caesarian (Elective) Delivery (4 days 3 nights)
  • Single Room - RM 7,000.00
  • 2 Bedded Standard - RM 5,300.00

The reason I prefer a Single Room is because I want hubby to stay with me for the night. During Shern's time, I had baby blues/post-partum blues, which part of it was 'coz I was all alone in the hospital during the night. So now I try to do everything I can to avoid this. Haha, but all these comes with $$$, so I'm wondering if it is worth it.

Anyway, so the waiting game begins. Count down from now til end of this week. Tick tock tick tock.

No comments:

LinkWithin